Friday, December 23, 2005

It feels so strange right now! Christmas is in a few days and we've already celebrated it here in this house. That's right! My family came to visit last Saturday and just left yesterday. This was the only way things worked out this year so we just decided to have an early Christmas. We had a wonderful time together, playing games and laughing so much! That's what I love the most about being together.
But boy! Does it ever feel strange to be done while people are still shopping like crazy and preparing for the holidays. In many ways I'm glad to be done but I'm also sad it's over so soon. I guess I could also look at this way - We can still celebrate Jesus' birth again. And this time, with just my hubby and our 3 children. I'd like to read the story of Jesus' birth to them and help them to understand the real meaning of this season. There's so much emphasis placed on presents and material things and I most definitely do not want my children to get caught up in that.

Kailyn's kindergarten class is having a birthday party for Jesus this morning. She was very excited about this. Last night we went to her school Christmas concert. I was so very proud of her. She sang her little heart out. She knew all of the words and her facial expressions just brought a huge smile to my face. I was so proud of her. (we only got bits & pieces of it though because our video camera was being stubborn!! Argh! That's so frustrating when that happens.)

I'm hoping to get some scrapbooking done over the holidays now that we have no more company here. It will be a great time to get some things accomplished.

Well, I'm off to get a few groceries and pick up a little something for my hubby. We going to have a little Christmas, just the 5 of us, this Sunday morning. I know that the kids were spoiled silly already but I saved some of their presents for the real Christmas Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment