Friday, December 21, 2007

Day 18, 19, 20

Ok, get ready!! It's going to be a long post today!! Here's pages from my December Daily album. I really have been enjoying doing this album. It'll be so fun to look back through the pages at the end of the month.

Day 18


Day 19
The kids wrote out lists of things that they were thankful for this Christmas (actually Ryan drew pictures for his list because he can't write words yet).



Day 20
Yesterday when the kids opened up the advent calendar there was a piece of paper that read "Write out your Christmas Wish List". That was fun to see the things that they are dreaming of. Once again, Kailyn wrote hers out and Ryan drew his. I scanned them and put them inside the red envelope.





Sorry for all the pictures. It's just been kind of busy around here. Today is the kids last day of school and then they have Christmas holidays. They are pretty excited.

This morning I helped in Ryan's Kindergarten class. They were having a little Gingerbread making party. Those kids were quite excited first thing and had to wait until after recess before we even started making those things. They all did such a great job - too bad though that the icing didn't hold better. They used graham crackers on the sides of a small milk carton and then decorated with candy. It was so cute to watch the kids because they desperately wanted to eat the candy instead of making their little gingerbread homes. But when they were done their teacher let them have some of the sweets just in time for their parents to pick them up!!

Here's Ryan's house.

Last night I made some cute little teacher gifts (got the idea from SplitCoastStampers ) and I saw this poem somewhere else called Snowman Soup. So I filled up the treat box with marshmallows ("freeze dried snowballs"), hershey kisses ("Snowman kisses"), candy cane (for stir sticks) some hot chocolate packs and some cookies that I baked. Hope the teachers like them.

Here's a couple of pictures (They're not the greatest because I took it this morning before I took the kids to school so the lighting wasn't the best).

Well, I think that's it for today. We don't have much planned for the weekend. I've got a few things to finish up, do some more baking and prep things for Christmas Eve, a few more gifts to wrap up and then I'm ready.
If you're ready this Dad - I hope that yesterday went smoothly for you and that the "operation" was successful.

3 comments:

  1. what an awesome gift to give! Those are very cute and I'm sure the teachers are going to welcome them! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this book you've been keeping! This will be so special for your family to look back on!

    ReplyDelete