Friday, September 05, 2008

She's 8!!

My oldest turned 8 today!! I can't believe it! (maybe 'cause sometimes she's acting like she's 12 ... and sometimes 4!! LOL!) Which I'm sure many of you moms can relate to. ;)

I was busy running around yesterday & today getting things ready for her party tonight. We decided on having a family one right now and it was a great time. My dad helped me with some decorations and Kailiyn loved them! I got her a Dairy Queen ice cream cake which was a big hit with everyone!
Have you ever had one of those?? They are sooooo yummy!!! Vanilla ice cream, with this chocolate crumbley crust and fudge layer. So, so good!!! Worth every penny!

I was thrilled, too, that Kailyn let me take some pics of her before everyone arrived. I'd share some but I still have to figure out how to get them onto my hubby's laptop. I'll try tomorrow if I get a chance.

I've got to start kitting for BC's Crop For Kids which is only a few short weeks away. I'm excited to meet people that I've been chatting with for some time now. There's so many great classes lined up - it's going to be a great weekend!!!

Well, I think that's all I've got to chat about right now. Missing my friends in Edmonton and hope you're all doing well.
Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your big girl :) Have a good weekend Cari!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:00 PM

    Happy Birthday Kailyn! GIRLS! Yes, the age they act seems to change with the wind - LOL! Presley turned 12 on Saturday and I got the moody (I wanna be 16) year old! Then she and her sister went to her Dad's for the night so I got all weepy cause my baby wasn't with ME for her birthday dinner. Ahh...life!
    We'll celebrate tonight though and I was going to get a yummy icecream cake as well! Love those!
    Thinking of you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Kailiyn. I hope you had a wonderful day! Enjoy the celebrations Cari :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the house, Cari! I'm so glad to hear that you're settling a bit. :) Good luck with the purging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new house and on Kailyn´s birthday! Ohhhhh I've had a Dairy Queen ice cream cake once, in Canada actually, and it was totally delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope it is a great birthday! Just saying hi!

    ReplyDelete