Friday, January 02, 2009

One word!

I did this last year and have been seeing many people doing it again this year.  Choosing one word that will describe your year, 2009.  

I've chosen DETERMINATION as my word this year.  I chose this because my biggest goal this year is to run  a 1/2 marathon in May so I really need to be determined to train and eat better.  I always want to be determined to put my family first in everything, above all my deadlines, etc.  They come first!
What about you?  What word would you use to describe your goals for this year? I'd love to hear what they are.

This month has already filled up for me with assignments, deadlines and classes. I'm looking forward to getting back into that mode after 2 weeks of holidays.  Now, don't get me wrong I've completely enjoyed the sleeping in and pj mornings and just sitting around with my kiddos. But it's always good for me to get back into a schedule.

You must go check out THE INSPIRED SCRAPBOOKER.  We got a new challenge (our 1st challenge) for 2009 posted and I'd love to see what you can come up.  The DT gals have done a fabulous job with their layouts.

And you also need to check out Scrap Shotz as the DT there have posted their layouts using the fabulous Jan '09 Heidi Swapp kit.  It was a great kit to work with - so versatile.
Here's a look at what I came up with.

Hope you have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Goodness gracious Cari, when you get busy, YOU GET BUSY!!!LOL. Cute projects, and love the paper that you used for the 'The King'.

    My word for 2009 is BETTER. I want to be a BETTER wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour, listener, person. I want to get BETTER at the things I already do and Better at the things that I don't do enough of. A BETTER cook, a BETTER homemaker, a BETTER scrapbooker, a BETTER christian. This year is going to be BETTER than I could have imagined!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your creations with the kit! So awesome!

    How did your race go?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pages and card you made from the kit. Especially fond of the "King"layout. Well done.
    Jennifer,
    Calgary,Ab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, does your picture look great!!!! You look so thin! I will have to think of my word for the year! I love the cousins layout! Hope your holidays were good ones and I look forward to get back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:00 AM

    What a beautiful projects Cari, I love them all. You picked a great word. For this year I would probably go for the word TOMORROW. In the form of, if I can't finish something today, hopefully tomorrow or as in tomorrow I will start dieting or tomorrow I will get more active with sports again *LOL*

    ReplyDelete