Thursday, September 09, 2010

Better late than never!


For a birthday party, that is.

Kailyn has been talking about her birthday party for months now and since her birthday always falls so close to the first day of school we have to have it later on in the month. So that's the plan for this month. And yes, we've been busy planning things already and collecting items for the big bash!

In fact, I finished up her invitations yesterday and she was so excited to hand them to her friends today.
We're planning a Luau themed party and for the invitations I made airline tickets. They're so stinkin' cute if I do say so myself. I had a blast making them.

I typed "Kailyn's Birthday Luau" on the front cover (which is vellum) and then all the ticket details are printed on white cardstock. I stapled the two pieces together and inserted them into a dark fuschia colored cardstock envelope that I made. Also added a cute little hula girl to embellish the cover a little bit.

And here's the finished invitation

1 comment:

  1. Be still my heart.....they are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them! I am giggling at the 'Air Hula', so, SO funny!!!! Would you mind if I might need to copy those one day for Darcey's b'day? Just incase we decide to go with a Luau party. This coming birthday is already planned. Heaven help me, it's not till MID FEB 2011!!! ROFLOL. It's a spa party and the invites are going to be eye-masks!! ROFLOL. I LOVE having a little girl!

    ReplyDelete