Monday, September 03, 2012

A change is in the air!


Well, my kiddos will be heading back to school tomorrow. Wow! I can't believe that summer is truly over. Getting back into routine will be good for all us. Homework, I'm sure, will be hard to get used to again but c'est la vie. I'm looking forward to teaching piano again and hoping to get some more new students this year.

Although I am disappointed that summer is over I am excited about the fall season as well because I love the rich, warm colors, sipping on a pumpkin spiced latte and eating delicious fresh baked pumpkin pie! (yes, i can't wait!!)

Today I'm sharing a project on the Simple Stories blog.
I used the new & oh-so-gorgeous Harvest Lane collection for my project.

I created a wreath for my front door which I made by adhering a bunch of accordian style flowers.

Here's some close up pictures but for more detail on my project please check out my blog post at Simple Stories.





And ....
here's the finished project.
Supplies used: Simple Stories (Harvest Lane collection: patterned papers, Cardstock Sticker Elements, 6x6 paper pad; Other: buttons (Magenta), Brads (Basic Grey), Adhesives (Sookwang, Extreme Adhesive Squares by GlueArts)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project Cari, love all the details. Welcome home too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Cari, what a wonderful piece for the door or mantle. I'm so looking forward to fall and back to school, summer was fab, but I can't wait for routine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great piece Cari!! I am not looking forward to school tomorrow. Very hard to send my sweet boy off to kindergarten. Things, school, ideals.. well, all kinds of things sure have changed since I sent my first off to kindy in 1993. Not too thrilled. It has been such a good summer and I am not ready to let it go.

    Hope you had a great time on your cruise!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete