Monday, April 16, 2007

Still cleaning ...

still purgin ... still organizing!!! Man! It seems this job will never end. Always something else to clean up around here. I guess that's too be expected with a family of 5 right?

Yes, I'm still in the spring cleaning mood. In fact, my hubby & I just cleaned out our closet this morning and he took a couple of bags of clothes to Goodwill. It feels so good to get rid of that stuff. Stuff I liked but haven't worn for a long time so there's really no point in keeping it even if I dream of getting back into some of it some day (it probably won't happen anyways and besides the styles keep changing not that I'm all that fashion wise or anything. LOL!) Now I've got to go through the kids closets and take out the clothes that don't fit them anymore. I missed the spring sale this year that I've taken my clothes to in the past. It's a great event where we can sell our used clothing (if it's still in pretty good condition) and make some extra money to buy them some new clothes. And boy! Are they ever in need of some new clothes! I can't believe how much they are growing! I think Ryan is growing the most right now. I'm sure I'll see a huge difference come fall when I have to get him clothes for school. Yikes! He'll be going into Kindergarten! Oh my! Ok, I'll stop thinking about that right now and get back into my cleaning mode!

I still haven't tackled my scrap room. It actually scares me! I don't even know where to begin. I wish we had tons of money so that I could get these great cabinets from Ikea and store everything that way. Then I could just close the doors and hide the mess that I would have sometimes. I think my storage solutions are pretty good but I admit that I am running out of space and room to put everything. I don't want to keep getting those little boxes from Ikea and piling them on top of each other. There's gotta be another way!
I'd love to hear some of your great storage solutions! Any tips? Please feel free to share.

I'd love to hear ideas on how you store:
chipboard
rub-ons
acrylic stamps
If you're a manufacturer designer or design for a magazine do you keep your stuff separate for those companies or do store everything all together?

Thanks so much! Who knows ... maybe if I like & use one of your ideas I'll have a RAK to send out to that someone! So please, POST AWAY!

2 comments:

  1. hey cari! i've been spring "purging" here too! love it. it feels so good to clean out and organize! i can't say i have fantastic storage ideas but i keep my small embellishments in these plastic fishing organizers. (8" x12" or so) i must have 8 of them and each one houses a certain type of embellishment. like metals or chipboard letter. it's so easy to find things and now that i've had them organized like this for a long time i know just where to go. i keep my stamps in one of those 3 drawer containers (maybe 18" tall and 10" wide) i have 2 of them side by side on a shelf. they work perfect for stamps and pads of ink. the rest of my goodies are organized in larger plastic drawers. i have 2 big ribbon drawers, a rub on drawer, misc. embellishment drawer, sticker drawer....etc... and then the teams i'm on i keep that stuff seperate in it's own drawers. i use these little white bins to seperate the larger chipboard stuff w/ in these bigger drawers.... it's nothing fancy by any means but it's organized and doesn't look bad. i'd love a nice room someday but for now i'm in our unfinished basement. it works... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cari, I know what you mean about organizing scrap areas! Talk about a non-ending, useless endeavor! I keep trying and trying! Best thing I ever did was buy a paper rack from a scrapbook store that was going out of business - now all my paper is in a corner of the room on a revolving rack that I can peruse as I wish.

    I wish I could find a good system for stickers and rub-ons. I tend to use clear plastic bags to hold them, and then forget what's in there ... could it be that we have too much? ... Nah!

    ReplyDelete