Friday, July 20, 2007

Still cookin' here!

That's right! I can't believe it's still so hot here. I'm sure that this is the longest stretch of heat we've had in a long time. Yesterday, with the humidex, it got up to 38 degrees! YIKES!!! I SO wish we had air conditioning!!! Oh well. I'm thinking it will be another "basement-play" day today.
Well, I finished my MMM entry!!!!! Yeah!! I am so happy that I got it done. (I was beginning to think that I might not have time to do it but I really worked at this week. I managed to get 3 layouts done [some for MMM and 1 for CX] on Monday. That's a record for me!) I've typed up the supply sheets and other info. Now, I just need to get them copied. I'm quite happy with my pages and have no expectations with this contest because I know that there's so much talent out there. I'm just really happy with myself for getting it done, that's all.

Well, I keep thinking of my friends who are at CHA right now!! Wishing I could be there too so see all the new product and visit with friends! It's a fun time. Tiring, yes. But fun, none the less.
I'm working at my LSS tonight and I'm excited to see the new BG in person! I think we got some other new stuff in too. I love looking around when I get there and seeing the new product that has come in! I'm constantly amazed at this industry though. How these companies keep coming up with new stuff, new designs and keep it so original? They've got some great designers that's for sure.

This month at the store the DT were given some paper & embellishments and asked to create a layout with it but also use an "old" technique in a new way.

I decided to use my Making Memories hole punching tool and make the title for my layout. Yes, I was making a lot of noise with my hammer but the end result was worth it ... I think. ;)


Here's a close-up view. I punched different sized holes for variety.
Have a great Friday and fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment