Monday, December 17, 2007

Fun night planned!

Ok, first of all, I know I need to update my December Daily album for you but I can't right now (because I haven't taken pictures ... life has just got in the way right now. I'll post tomorrow hopefully).

Tonight we've got a date! I'm so excited. At the beginning of December I bought Michael W. Smith's new Christmas CD and I love it!! I listen to it all the time.
Well, we have some friends and it's her birthday this coming Friday. Her hubby was talking with mine last week wondering what to do for her birthday. So mine suggested instead of buying her something why not take her somewhere. So, the 4 of us are going to hear Michael W. Smith in concert tonight!! I'm just thrilled. I haven't been to a concert in years. It'll be fun to get a little dressed up for the event and just enjoy a night out.

Hope you're all taking time to enjoy the season and the reason that we're celebrating this time of the year. I know it's so easy to get caught up in buying presents, shopping, etc. I have to remind myself often about what this time of year is all about. I want my children to know that it's about Christ's birth not about getting presents. So we're going to really take time this year to make that clear with them and I'm looking forward to spending quality time with them over the holidays. They're finished school in a few days & I'm excited to have them home (even though I'm sure I'll be worn out after a few days!! LOL!)

Hope you're all doing well.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cari,

    great minds think alike. My hubby and I went to his Seattle concert on Saturday the 15th. It was fabulous. Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete