Thursday, January 15, 2009

The inevitable has happened!

Yes! I have to admit it now.  I had my "BIG" birthday yesterday and turned 40!!! Wow!! Typing that just doesn't seem right! If you're asking "how does it feel?" ... no different than 39. Still the same 'ol me.  I just can't believe that I've reached that stage in my life.  I'm planning on making this a great year - full of eating better, exercising (running lots), spending more time with my children (quality one-on-one time), spending more time in prayer and having daily devotions, and just enjoying who I am. 

I did have a wonderful day though.  Went out shopping ... all by myself.  No kids.  Just quietness and doing things on my time.  We picked the kids up from school later that day and they came home and gave me some presents.  And my sweet, sweet, amazing husband gave me a 50mm lense for my camera!!! Yeah!!!!  I love it!!  Then we dropped off our kids for dinner at my brother's place and my hubby & I went out for a wonderful yummy dinner at Earls.  After dinner we went over to my folk's place for cake.  My mom had planned a surprise gathering with friends - some of whom I hadn't seen for over 10 years!! It was wonderful!! Thanks Mom!  Oh, and the cake was good too!

I have a challenge posted today at Scrap Shotz about my goals for 2009. Check it out HERE.
Here's my layout. I'm looking forward to seeing what some of the other gals come with.


I created this layout using papers from Black River Designs - a new Canadian company (*YEAH*) from the Saint John, New Brunswick.
Well, that's all I've got to share right now.  Have a great night!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great day, Cari! :) You deserved it!

    I felt the same way turning 30 - felt no different than 29. LOL!

    You look totally amazing - you are such a beautiful person, inside and out.

    And what a sweet gift! You'll love the lens - it's my fav.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the 40's club! I can't believe that at the end of the month I turn 44! I am glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday Cari, Sure sounds like you had a wonderful day. Hope this year is a good one for you in all the ways that you wish for!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Bday...love the pp on the layout...very fun!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday girl. Looks like it was a great one though. Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete