Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tool Time!

Imaginisce has been having a month-long feature this past June where each designer showcases a certain tool and creates 2 projects with that tool.

*******
I created 2 projects using the fun i-rock tool.
My first project is a simple card.
I wanted to show how you can dress up a simply designed card by using the Imaginisce i-rock tool, an i-rock stencil (Bracket & Border), pink jewel tray and some Hot Rocks (Glitter).

I first of all cut my card base to size.
Then I took one of the i-rock stencils, placed it over my card and used a pencil to lightly mark the stencil design.

I then choose my colors of Hot Rocks - not sure if you can tell but I tried to make it resemble a cupcake top ... a wee bit. :)

I also used the i-rock tool to make the twine curly.
All you need to do is carefully wrap the twine around the tip of the i-rock tool and hold for a few seconds (while the tool is on & hot). Then release the twine and it will be have a spiral shape! Super fun (just be careful to not burn your fingers!!)
Here's my finished card.
Supplies: Imaginisce (Hello Cupcake: papers, canvas stickers; I-rock tool, Glitter Hot Rocks, Pink Gem Tray; foam squares); Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock, The Twinery (green twine)

*******

My second project is an altered one.
My daughter & I were shopping one day at the mall and she saw this hairbrush all blinged out! She asked me if I could do that to her hairbrush and I thought "Sure!! Why not!"

So I took her hairbrush, sanded the top part to rough up the smooth surface in order for the rhinestones to adhere better.
I then took a stencil (with a flower shape) and used a marker to outline the shape.
I used purple jewels for the basic flower shape.

I completed the rest of the hairbrush using the clear Hot Rocks.

Supplies: Imaginisce (I-rock tool, Hot Rocks (Clear, purple, pink, and turquoise); Other: Hairbrush, sanding block

Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a super week!

No comments:

Post a Comment