Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Our Great Adventure

Hi there,
Just wanted to share with you today a mini album that I created for one of the classes that I taught a few weekends ago at BC Crop for Kids.

It's super easy and was quite fun to put together. I did an accordion style album which resulted in a cheap & inexpensive way to make a book.  I made the entire album using Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock and Imaginisce's Outdoor Adventure collection.

Here's the front cover. I used Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock (TH Shattered) for the cover and some Imaginisce Outdoor Adventure patterned papers and journal card/stickers, etc.




Here's a side view of the 'spine'.

A top view so you can see how the pages open up.


Inside cover & page one.


On the inside cover I used the packaging (patterned cardboard piece) from the sticker sheet and adhered that to the center of the cardstock. TIP: This gave some added reinforcement for the outside covers.



For the pages in the album I used a 12" x 6" piece of patterned paper and just scored them every 3" creating a folded page to insert into the accordion folded spine of the album.





Page 2 & 3
When I added stickers to the outside flaps (of the pages) I adhered the back with red patterned paper so that when only half of the sticker was showing from the other side you'd see a patterned paper. Not plain white (from the sticker).



I love how the stickers add visual interest and dimension.


Page 4 & 5
I created some folded cardstock 'mini's to place more photos or journaling.
These were created with Core'dinations TH Kraft collection.






Page 6 & 7

Inside of page 6.



Inside of page 7.



Last pages.




 And that's it.
Super simple to put together. Of course, it's easy when everything works together so well.

Thanks for stopping by!!



No comments:

Post a Comment