Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to ...

ME!!!!!!! I'm not too sure how I feel today. I turned 39 years old today. That's just waaaay too close to 40 for my liking! But, it's like I really have any choice in the matter now is it? ;)

Usually I love to make birthday cakes (I LOVE chocolate) but for some weird reason I just didn't feel like it this year. Maybe because I always end up eating all the left-over cake that sits around here for the rest of the week. And seeing as I'm trying to get back into better shape - eating that cake wouldn't be a good idea.

I woke up this morning and then my 2 oldest were quickly by my side. They told me that they were going downstairs to make me something and that I couldn't look. So fine. I didn't. I made their lunches and got some breakfast ready. Made myself a cup of coffee - I really needed one ... or two!
Then after they had eaten and gotten dressed they all told me to close my eyes ('cause, of course, it wasn't wrapped). They were so excited to give me a present. It was so cute to listen to them. They got me this fabulous camera bag. I love it! It's a sling bag. You can check it out HERE. I like how it swings around my body when I want to take out my camera or put it away. Plus now I won't have to be bugged by my bag always falling off my shoulder, etc. That drove me nuts.
Plus the most exciting part of the bag is the part that goes inside!! Yes!! I'm getting a new camera. The one I've been dreaming of! A Nikon D4ox!!!! I'm beyond excited!!!! Thanks Mom & Dad! I love you guys!

So the rest of my day was pretty ordinary. It was laundry day therefore lots of clothes to stare at and still need to be put away. We went out (the 5 of us) to Olive Garden for supper tonight. It's always nice to not have to think about supper. Thanks Mom & Dad L!

I finished up a 2 page layout today! That's quite an accomplishment for me. I haven't done those in ages!!! It was fun & I love it!

Anyways, I'm outta here! Take care!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:02 PM

    Happy Happy Birthday Cari!!!!!

    I wish you more happiness and more blessings to come!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARI! 40 isn't so bad (and you have got a year to get used to the idea), it's being 50 that is scary!!!!!!! Anyway you look like a teenager remember so don't complain girl. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:33 AM

    Happy Birthday Cari!! From one January girl to another :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:23 AM

    happy belated birthday, cari! it sounds like your day was wonderful! oh, and btw, 40 isn't so bad! ;) it just sounds bad...

    xoxo,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday, Cari!
    I know what you mean about the age thing... I'll be the big ol' 35 next month and I'm dreading it!

    At least you got some wayyy awesome gifts to enjoy... so happy for you about the camera! You will adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:34 PM

    Happy Belated Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete