Thursday, March 12, 2009

Some pages




Hi there!
I'm just enjoying the beautiful, warm sunshine come through the window here in my office.  It's just gorgeous!
Had a busy day of running around ... and yes! I did run 5K too. ;)

Just thought I'd share some layouts & cards that I had published in the latest issue (spring '09) of Canadian Scrapbooker.

We were assigned to create some Birthday cards - I used American Crafts products.

Some other assignments were:
  • "THE CAKE" ~ to do a layout about Birthdays ~ I used papers and diecut shapes from Die Cuts With a View.

  • "I'LL TAKE CARE OF YOU" ~to make a page using a song/lyrcis for our title or part of our journaling. I used Kelly Panacci papers, chipboard embellishments (which are just so cute!), American Crafts letter stickers and SEI buttons.

  • "A GRAND THING" ~ create a page with flowers.  I used BoBunny papers, Prima flowers, American Crafts Thickers and SEI buttons.
I apologize for the "not-so-great" pictures. I probably should take some more pictures of these projects (but truth be told ... I'm too lazy!)

Well, we had parent/teacher interviews and the kids have done very well this past semester.  Now, it's time for spring break.  They get 2 weeks off!!  Boy! We're going to have to plan some major fun events because we're not going away anywhere (as much as I'd like to it's just not possible right now).

So, I ran today and will take tomorrow off because Saturday is my biggest run yet.  I have a 10K race.  I'm a bit nervous because I've been sick for that last 2 weeks so my energy just hasn't been what is usually is and I'm still pretty tired.  So hopefully it won't be too painful of a run on Saturday.  I'm not really aiming for a certain time - it's probably best that I don't do that to myself.  Although if I could do it in 60 minutes that would be super!!!
My hubby & I went to drive the course yesterday and there's a pretty nasty hill so I'm already freaking myself out about that one. Ugh! Hopefully my sister-in-law will stick with me and cheer me along.  She's so good at that and encourages me & helps to keep me going.

Well, I think that's if for now.  
Hope you're enjoying your Thursday! I'm off to get some supper ready!

1 comment:

  1. I hope the race goes well! I'll be thinking of you! I'm doing a 5K race on Sunday.

    Love the layouts! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete