Sunday, March 07, 2010

No rest for the weary

It's been a busy week and will continue to be so. I've been kitting like crazy lately plus I feel like I'm a single mom. Tim has been working early afternoons to the wee hours of the morning. It's hard work being a single parent I tell ya! I'm exhausted at the end of the day (from driving them to various activities, making supper, cleaning up.) At the end of it all I can't wait for bedtime (me included!!)

I'm so excited about this coming weekend. The Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnival is heading to Victoria BC. I'm really looking forward to a bit of a "break" as well and hoping that it will be somewhat "relaxing" - I'm sure it won't but I'm still hoping. ;)

I've still got so much to get done before I leave however. So I'd better get some sleep.

But before I leave I just wanted to share this fun news.
Tomorrow, March 8th is Ice Cream Cone Day!

What??!! You've never heard of that? We'll that's probably 'cause my dad just made it up for our family! March 8th was my Grandpa's birthday. He died 2 years ago only 6 short months after my grandpa passed away. Still makes me cry thinking about the 2 of them. I loved them dearly.
Well, in honor of my Grandpa we are going over to my parents place and having ice cream cones!!! The kids are so excited! A great way to start off their spring break. (I'm not so sure I'll be happy to bring them home with a sugar fix though!)

Well that's it for now!
Have a great Monday tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. that's a lovely tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! It could catch on you know!

    ReplyDelete