Thursday, October 14, 2010

My first project with mSB!

Morning everyone!

Well, today was my day to post on the myStampBOX blog and I have a fun tutorial for you.

Here's the finished product. Below I'll show you how I created it and I hope you give it a try too because it is super fun!



First of all you will need some glossy or shiny cardstock as this technique won’t work on ordinary cardstock. Trust me. I tried it.

Step #1: I stamped my images onto the paper using a black ink. I used Wishing You Sunshine stamp set for my project.

Step #2: I then took a crayon – you can use white or a light colored one. I started with a light color to show you in my pictures but then I continued using a white one instead.

Step #3: After using the crayon I took a sponge applicator and some yellow dye ink and sponged over the sunshine images.

Step #4: I then used a blue dye ink and sponged over the cloud images. After the clouds I took a violet/lilac colored dye ink and filled in any of white spaces (bascially where the sentiment was).

Step #5: I then took a kleenex and gently rubbed over the images where I had used the crayon. This revealed a “white” image where the ink didn’t take. It’s such a cool technique!

I trimmed down the piece of paper and made a card. This was my finished project. I used some of the new Stacy Julian Core’ Impressions cardstock (they yellow embossed dots). Love this collection!


I really have been enjoying using mSB stamps. They work so well and I can't wait to build up my collection!!

Plus check back tomorrow because I have some VERY EXCITING news to share. with you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment