Friday, May 04, 2012

It's so Fabulous!!!


I absolutely love working with Simple Stories!
This month a few of us were given a challenge to use the Signature Elements in a creative way.

I decided to use the Fabulous collection along with some black & white photos of my daughter. I used the Signature Elements - 4x6 Journaling Cards #2112



... and I created flaps on my layout. I hid the photos behind the flaps.

Here's a look at the layout.

I made a scored line on the edge of the 4x6 journal card and adhered a very thin strip of double sided tape on the backside. I then adhered that over my photo which was underneath. I embellished it with little ribbon tab to provide a means of opening the flap.
The flap on the right side of the layout was created the same way as the left side. The flap in the middle in a similiar fashion - just scored the top edge this time instead of the sides.
Supplies used: Simple Stories (Fabulous collection: 4x6 Journaling Cards #2113, 2x12 Border Title Strips #2114); Core'dinations Cardstock, ribbon, Adhesives (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L tape runner & foam squares); Fiskars border punch

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that I've inspired you & sparked some creative ways in which to use the Signature Elements. The possibilites are truly endless as you will see from the creations that the other designers have shared on the blog today.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, Cari! The layout is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Very inspiring...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete