Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Created in a "Sn@p"!!


I am so in love with this new collection, SN@P, from Simple Stories.

All this week on their blog the Design Team are sharing some Sn@p albums that they created. Today is my day to share and I'm so excited.

I decided to create by album about our trip to Disneyland last March.  It was our 1st time so this was super special!
This collection of fun papers, styles, patterns, embellishments, stickers makes creating a mini album so incredibly easy ... and fast!!! I love that!

Here's the cover of my album.
I placed some May Arts ribbon around the edge of the turquoise fabric on the chipboard cover of the album. Then wrapped some twine around as well. The 4x6 and 2x3 paper pads have such a great selection of designs to choose from that creating the cover was so easy!

Here's a little collage of some of the inside pages of my album so far. It's not finished yet but I'm off to a good start and will share more pictures when I'm done.

 Another view of the cover.


 The inside cover.

Page #1. I wanted to keep the chipboard dividers simple.


The backside of insert #1.  The excitement of our Disney trip all began last December.
The month stickers and other stickers make it so easy to create a title.



This page tells a bit about what happened in December.  On Christmas Day my parents gave all the grandchildren a present. Inside was a little booklet describing the surprise trip to take place in March, a t-shirt and some coloring things. This was a hard secret to keep for many months before. Trust me!!
We'd thought we'd blown it several times.




Kailyn read aloud the story of what was going to happen in March.
They were all so excited and then posed in their new t-shirts that said "I'm going to Disneyland!" (yes, they wore them the day that we flew to CA).




At the end of the night we took a family picture and were all making funny faces yelling Disneyland!!!
 I love how the 2x3 cards, stickers, etc just work together so perfectly.

This is the little booklet that my folks made up for the Grandkids.  It contained pictures of the family, the details of the trip, pictures of Disneyland (i.e. Mickey Mouse, etc) and a copy of their Hopper Pass to the park.

I used one of the beautiful pockets to hold this booklet. They are so great because they are made to expand a bit on the sides. Love that!


The next divider - March had arrived & we were off to the airport.






We went to the hotel the day/night before our flight because it was such an early flight out.
We were spoiled with the hotel service as it was a fabulous place. This was the beginning of the excitement for the kids!

In my folks room there was a huge telescope to watch the planes fly by.



The next morning, bright & early, everyone was ready. 
We stopped for a quick breakfast, dressed in their green shirts and everyone was ready to board the plane!



I used another pocket to hold our plane tickets.

The alpha stickers are great for adding small phrases, titles, words, etc. Lots of different colors to choose from too.


Our hotel where we stayed was wonderful.
Had a kids water park outside which was used everyday! (except for the day that it poured!)


My album isn't finished yet ... and as you can see the trip has only begun. I've got a ton more pictures to  fill up this album and I'm already anxious to see the finished product!

I'll be sure to share it all when it's complete.
Thanks for stopping by!




















1 comment:

  1. Please do share it when complete!!! I'm in LOVE with the Sn@p collection and albums...adorable!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete