Monday, April 15, 2013

They're Amigos 24/7!


Hi there!

Today I'm sharing some projects on the Simple Stories blog.  I just love the new releases. So much color and so many super fun and cute patterns & designs to choose from.
I created 2 single pages layouts and a card.

As I was going through my photos I came across some of my boys and their cousin. They love hanging out together. I thought the colors in the pictures went great with the 24/7 collection ... plus the theme of the whole collection was a good fit as well. I decided to create a more 'grid' style layout and cut various pieces of patterned paper forming 3 rows of paper and photos.

Cari0413amigos.001

 I created the sombrero and #3 using my Cricut Expression 2, ....
Amigos1.001


Amigos2.001
... and used lots of fun stickers & chipboard embellishments from the 24/7 colleciton.

I then looked through my photos again and came across some pictures of my husband and boys playing in the pool while away on a mini summer vacation.  I decided to use Urban Traveler for this layout.

Cari0413funinthesun.001


I love the rich colors in this collection and kept the circle theme throughout by cutting my photos into circular shapes as well.  (trust me ... this was no easy task as I haven't cut my photos up like that in a loooooong time! But I like how it turned out.)

Cari04fun1.001


I love the new embellishments (brads and layered stickers) as they add so much visual interest & texture to my projects.

Cari04fun2.001


I also created a little card using some of the 24/7 collection. (Love that little phone.)

Caricard2.001

Thanks for stopping by today.

Here's a list of the supplies that I used.

Supplies used:
Urban Traveler (Fundamentals Cardstock Stickers |#2902, Expressions Cardstock Stickers |#2903, Decorative Brads |#2926, Layered Stickers |#2928, 4x6 Vertical Journaling Card Elements |#2912, Bingo Cards/Colored Arrow Dots |#2916, Navy Dots/Ledger |#2918, Orange Stripes/Map |#2921

24/7 Collection: Fundamentals Cardstock Stickers |#3102 ,Expressions Cardstock Stickers |#3103, Chipboard Stickers |#3128, Decorative Brads |#3126, Layered Stickers |#3128, Take Note |#3105, 3x4 Journaling Card Elements |#3110, Cork/Ephemera |#3117,  Red Tweed/Calendar |#3118, Blue Chevron/Grid |#3120

Other: Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock, May Arts Ribbon, The Twinery (twine)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Cari! Love your layouts! Thanks for sharing! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete