Monday, May 27, 2013

Summer is coming!!!

I'm getting excited for the school year to come to an end but with that comes so many year-end activities. It becomes a bit overwhelming at times.  But we'll enjoy it this year because there's some special thing happening as our kids get older. I'll deal with that a bit later though.

For now I'm excited to share with you some new layouts that I created for the Simple Stories blog today using the new release called {I Heart Summer}.

This collection is amazing!!!
So many fun designs, color schemes, embellishments, etc.  And there's even some chalkboard designs that just rock!  OH, ... did I mention that it's amazing?!

Well, let me share with you the layouts that I created using some photos from last summer.
They're both single paged layouts but from the same event.  I'm not a huge double page scrapper so to be able to use the same collection on my side-by-side layouts makes them 'feel' as if it's a double page layout.  Plus it looks nice in my album too!

Here's the first layout.

 "Sweet Summer Memories"

Simple Stories has created a Flair sticker with some super cute designs (I used the camera one on this page and a sqaure shaped chipboard design).


You'll see that chalkboard feature (that I mentioned earlier) on these next 2 pictures.


Here's the next layout that I created.

I used some Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock for the base of my layout and sanded around the edges a bit.  I used the cream color because I wanted the cheerful teal & orange colors to shine through.

I love the cut-out cards that come with this collection and the stickers add so much depth & finish off a layout just perfectly.



Supplies used: Simple Stories ({I Heart Summer} collection : patterned papers, chipboard stickers, embellishment stickers, alpha stickers, die cut cards); Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock; EK Success (border punch)

Thanks for popping by today.
Have a super week!




No comments:

Post a Comment