Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hot Summer Days

We've been having the best July here in a long time.  The weather has been incredible ... beautiful sunshine, blue skies ... it's amazing!!!! Something we don't take for granted here.

During the month of July the Imaginisce DT was asked to create a summer themed project and focus on an Imaginisce tool.

So I created this little mini album using Endless Summer collection of patterned papers, diecuts, stickers, etc and some summer pics. All I needed to get started was some chipboard which I cut to 6" x 4" pieces.



 I began by printing out my photos - 7 of them at 4" x 6" each. I adhered each one on a piece of 4x6 chipboard and corner rounded the top & bottom right edges.

I then began covered the other side of the chipboard with patterned paper. I tried to find papers that went with my photos.  After the papers were adhered I used the d-stress tool to clean up and sand the edges a bit .  This is a great little tool for that because often the paper isn't the same size as the chipboard and it hangs over the edges. Well, this tools sand over the excess and creates a clean edge.


After all the pages were covered and embellishments added I used my i-rock tool and some glimmer rocks to finish the design off.






The cover of the mini is a clear acrylic piece. I adhered a sticker stacker to the center.



Then on the back of the clear page I took a sticker and adhered it to some patterned paper. Cut around the sticker and then adhered this to the clear page. You then see the green patterned paper showing through. I embellished the front (on the green part but on the clear page) with some i-rock gems.



 Here's a look at the inside pages.
You will notice that I kept my album design simple & repeated the same design throughout.
One side with patterned paper, embellishments & journaling. The other side the photo.






On each left side I typed my journaling onto white cardstock. 
I cut thin strips of blue cardstock and embossed each one (3 different designs) for some added visual interest & texture.






I also added foam squares/tape for added dimension on some of the diecuts and stickers.





And the back cover.


Supplies used: Imaginisce (Endless Summer Collection: patterned papers, diecuts, sticker stackers), i-rock tool and Glam Rocks; foam tape; d-stress tool
Other: Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock, chipboard; Xryon glue stick, Sookwang double sided tape, Cuttlebug embossing folders & Cuttlebug


I hope that you are enjoying your summer too.
Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. this is a great gift idea for a "cousin" visit to have a lasting memory. Thank you so much. I will now have to get myself some of those glimmer rocks and tool.

    ReplyDelete