Monday, March 17, 2014

Simple Stories & A Charmed Life

Hi everyone!
Thanks for popping by my blog today.

Today Simple Stories shares a link a their blog to a completely NEW site! It's fabulous!!! New blog, new look, new everything!

I'm thrilled to be on the new Simple Stories blog today sharing a layout that I created using the Simple Stories collection, "A Charmed Life".
It's St. Patrick's Day today and I must admit that I have no photos of us celebrating this day. But I loved this collection and knew that I could still use it to work for the photos that I did have. That's what I love about Simple Stories!!

These photos are from when my daughter had a few days off of school in January and we spent some girl time together!


I used part of the words "so very lucky" on the patterned paper as part of my title and continued the rest of the title with some alpha stickers from the 12x12 Fundamental Cardstock Sticker sheet.
I also used the DIY kraft journal labels (arrow) and added the last part of the my title "you" to the upper portion of the arrow.



I love using the stickers and words. I will usually add some foam tape to the back of some of the stickers because I really like the added dimension that it gives to my layout. Plus it's super easy!
I printed my journaling on a kraft tag from the DIY Journal layers and attached a brad to the bottom portion.

I also added some of the DIY Enamel Dots in various places on my layout just to give some 'punch' & visual interest to my page.
You'll also notice some black stickers ("you & me" and "pure bliss") - these are also part of the DIY collection called Clear Photo Stickers. They come in white & black and look great on your patterned papers and photos.


Supplies used: 
  • Fundamental Cardstock Stickers
  • Expression Cardstock Stickers
  • Patterned Papers: Happy Go Lucky, 4x6 Horizontal Journaling Cards Elements, 4x6 Vertical Journaling Card Elements
  • 2x12 Border & 4x12 Title Strip Elements
  • 6 x 12 Page Elements
  • Brads


  • Journaling Layers (Kraft)
  • Enamel Dots (Teal, Red & Yellow)
  • Clear Stickers (Black)


Thanks for stopping by here today!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment