Saturday, March 15, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Tabletop Centerpiece

Hi there,

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!  I am! I was able to sleep in and it's the beginning of Spring Break!!!  Yeah!!

I wanted to share a little project that I made for Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock.
It's a leprechaun hat that you can fill up with goodies and place on your table for that festive St. Patty's party you might be having.


I used some green card stock from the Vintage collection : 
- made some scored lines which I then sanded;
- using a pair of scissors I then made slits along one of the long sides (all across - these are the glue tabs for adhering to the lower section of hat)
- then rolled it into a circular shape for the top section of the hat.  


I cut out a rectangle shaped piece of gold coloured Glitter Silk card stock. I then cut out a rectangle shape from the inside as well - to create the buckle design.


I used some Black Magic card stock and cut a long strip which I then embossed using a chevron embossing folder, sanded the image and adhered around the circular tube.  
I used a heart shaped punch and punched out a bunch of hearts from the same card stock. I then embossed each of those hearts, sanded them and adhered them overtop of a punched out circle shape to create a 4-leaf clover. I adhered a button to the center of each clover design.


The bottom circle section of the hat I used a bone folder to gently bend the edges of the hat.


For a more detailed list of instructions (with pics) you can download a pdf file using the link below.

St. Patrick's Day Centerpiece PDF


Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment