Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Why?

I always get up at 6am to shower and have my devotions. Sometimes I'll wake up earlier than that because I have a headache - like this morning. Why is it on those "headache" mornings my boys decide to get up early as well and procede to talk loudly & play (sometimes fight) so that their daddy & sister can't sleep. It doesn't really bother me 'cause I'm up now anyways but I'm sure by the end their whining will bother me!
I know ... they're just boys. I realize my quiet time is special and much needed but I love my children more than I can express. So even though I have a headache and they're being nosiy at 7 in the morning - they still make me smile!!

Well, I finished up my Christmas Card class last night for Urban!! I'll show a sneak peek when I've taken a picture. Hopefully this morning I'll get that done. I'll post more details of class dates when it's available.

I really can't believe that I've been thinking about Christmas so much in the last few weeks. Perhaps it's because of all the projects I've been doing lately or maybe it's the fact that we will be on our own this year. No family around this year. Kind of sad about that. But that's what happens when we live apart from each other. We've been blessed to spend many holidays together so far so I'm thankful for that. This year will be a time to start some new traditions with just the 5 of us and I'm looking forward to that too.

I'm hoping to do some fun activities with my children this year. Definitely making a gingerbread house, decorating the tree (which we don't get to do every year because we aren't here all the time for Christmas) and all sorts of baking. But, I'd like to so other activities & crafts that help them realize what Christmas is truly about. Not the presents but the birth of Jesus. It's so easy to get caught up in the presents and toys, etc and I really want to help them focus on the ture meaning this year.

Well, boy! I'm in a chatty mood this morning. I really should go though. I've got lunches to make and a daughter to wake up for school.
Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment