Thursday, November 24, 2005

I'm so thankful ...
for so many things. I have so many friends who live in the states that are celebrating Thanksgiving today. I've been thinking about all of you so much today and I hope that you are having a wonderful holiday with your families. As well as enjoying that delicious turkey dinner ... or do you have ham?

Anyways, I was just thinking of the many things that I was thankful for because I've been able to spend some time with my daughter doing some of her Kindergarten activities. Yesterday (I hadn't planned on it but it was a last minute call from the teacher!) I went on her field trip to the Alberta Museum. Yes, a tiring day with little ones but nonetheless it was fun to spend time with them and watch them learn new things.
Today, I had a chance of volunteering in her class. I always enjoy that because I can experience the things that she is learning and watch how Kailyn interacts with the other children and how she does her work as well. They arrived to find out that there was a special awards assembly and that took place first thing in the morning. Well, it was a treat. Some children read from their journals about the various ways that God works and what his jobs are. Let me say these were quite interesting, honest and humorous, too. Another group of children wrote prayers of thanks to God. I couldn't believe myself as my eyes starting welling up with tears as I listened to some of the things these children had to say. They reminded me of things that I'd forgotten to be thankful for and it was so good for me to hear it again - especially from them.

There are many, many things that I am thankful for (and I'm not about to list them here) that wasn't my plan. I was just so touched & moved this morning as I was reminded to not take the small things in life for granted.
Thank you God for EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment