Thursday, December 14, 2006

I can't stand the wait anymore!!!!

Tomorrow is the deadline for submissions for WRMK & Fancy Pants!!! And then to think I have to wait even longer to find out the "results" is rather difficult! But, I certainly have enough to keep me busy which helps to keep my mind off of it for a while.

I made a canvas clock yesterday and it turned out ok, I guess. It's a little on the plain side but it's fine. I plan on doing a few more for Christmas gifts so I hope those ones turn out good. I wasn't too sure how I was going to do these and wished the size was square rather than rectangle but I'm managing to work with them. I guess it's because I'm so used to doing 12x12 layouts that this size is just not comfortable for me.

I've been looking around my scraproom this week realizing that I need to do some re-organizing. I've accumulated so much in the last few months - it's amazing. I think some purging will be done again too. I've got my ribbons in some great boxes from Ikea but I think I'm going to have to figure out a new system for those. I've always thought about the floss boxes but I don't like having my ribbon folded everywhere but ... that may end up being what I do with it all. Saves space and can store a lot of ribbon that way too. Then I could use those boxes for other things that need a home. I can't stand the clutter and mess - and that's what I have right now. I'm hoping to finish up all my projects and then have some time to clean up before Christmas but I'm not sure that will happen. It may be a New Year's project.

Well the city finally decided to snowplow our residential streets & I'm sooooo happy!! Yes, I'll have to do a bit of shovelling before I back out the driveway but I don't mind that at all. It beats trying to get through the snow and getting stuck like I did 2 days ago!!! I was off to get Kailyn from school and I couldn't get anywhere I just kept getting stuck because it was so thick. Our van is front wheel drive and it's a bit frustrating at this time of the year! Luckily there were some very kind neighbors to help me and get me back home (And the funny thing was that I got stuck just 2 houses down from ours!!! LOL!) and I called my hubby to get Kailyn.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:41 AM

    I love the clock - and the family photo is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful clock! love it.

    ReplyDelete