Sunday, May 06, 2007

National Scrapbooking Day

... was yesterday! How fun to have a day set aside to celebrate something we all love & enjoy doing!

Yesterday I drove out of town to teach a class. We made a 6x6 AAM album. I used the BoBunny chipboard albums that have 6 chipboard pages and some of the new Crate Paper papers. They are just darling and so perfect for a little project like this. We had 2 sessions - each 2 hours long and it was just right! I had a lot of pre-stamped embellishments that we used on each page and room for them to journal when they went home. I still need to do that with my album as well.

The ladies were just thrilled with their finished projects. I totally enjoyed looking at each of their albums at the end of the day - what a treat that was! And what was more rewarding was to see their reactions as they shared their albums with each other. I loved that.

Here area some pictures of my album.

The cover:

A few of the inside pages:


It was a great day and I'm hoping that I'll get to teach this class again sometime. (hope you like it Gail! ;))

It seems that all the scrapbooking sites have been busy this weekend too with NSD challenges and contests. If you're interested some are still going on until tonight midnight. Check out Creative Xpress's challenges. The DT memeber posted a bunch of fabulous challenges and the ladies in the community have been doing a fabulous job with them! WTG girls!

Here's my challenge. Yes, it's an all cardstock challenge - and trust me! I know that it a challenge these days because most of us ALWAYS use cardstock. I know. I'm one of them! But there are so many ways that you can be creative with just cardstock and some of the ladies have done some wonderful layouts already. I'm off to check out more of them now.

Hope you all have a great night!

4 comments:

  1. Your little project turned out so cute Cari! I am sure those ladies had a fabulous time with you! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:07 PM

    Love your projects...You are so talented girly! So happy I found your blog too. your fun challenge! xoxo
    Loves,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:38 AM

    Thanks for posting the pics of the album! It is truly lovely! I'm going to have to come to one of your classes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:36 PM

    Your album is fabulous girl - I jsut love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete