Thursday, May 29, 2014

Instagram Mini Style

Hi there everyone!

I'm so excited to be sharing another project on the Silhouette blog today - in the Scrapbooking/Cards section.
It's a mini album - filled with some favourite photos from the month of May.
This cut file is so easy to use and so much fun to create with.

instagram mini |Cari Locken for Silhouette


I simply cut out the box design and the pages (using the size that it opens up in the Silhouette program).  I did cut out the pages 2 times because I wanted my album to have more pages.  If you do this you will have to keep in mind that you don't use a lot of foam squares on the inside pages because this will add bulk to your album. 


camerabox | Cari Locken for Silhouette


I did add some other elements to the front of the camera box such as the round 'instagram' design.  I cut several layers of the circle in 2 colours of card stock and adhere them together using foam squares to give some added depth to the lense on the outside of the box.

cameraboxclose | Cari Locken for Silhouette

I used a lot of different cut files on the inside of the mini book as well.  Sometimes I kept the negative pieces and used those for embellishments as well.
I've listed the cut files on the Silhouette blog so hop on over there to check it out. Be prepared ... there's quite a few!

And now ... Here's a look at the cover of the mini.

covermini | Cari Locken for Silhouette

And here's a peek at the inside pages.

Pages 1 -4
All of the photos I printed at 2" x 2" in size and trimmed them to have a thin white border around them. 

insidepages1-4.002 | Cari Locken for Silhouette


A close up shot .... Instead of using my computer to journal (like I always do) I decided to use my own handwriting to add a more personal touch to this album. This is the intro page - sharing some favourite instagram pictures from the month of May.
I also cut out an extra 'instagram circle' shape and then cut out the words 'instagram' from the design to use here on this opening page as part of the journaling.

insideclose1 | Cari Locken for Silhouette


Pages 5-8
album pages5-8.002 | Cari Locken for SIlhouette


Some more closeups ...
insidepagesclose5 | Cari Locken for SIlhouette

insideclose8


Pages 9 - 12
album pages9-12.002|Cari Locken for Silhouette


Pages 13 - 16
album pages13-16.002 | Cari Locken for Silhouette


Pages 17 - 20
album pages17-20.002 | Cari Locken for Silhouette


A close-up.
insideclose18 | Cari Locken For Silhouette


Last page of the mini album.
inside21&22 | Cari LOcken for Silhouette


And the back cover I just continued on with the 'instagram' theme from the front of the camera box.
backcover | Cari Locken for Silhouette

minialbumset | Cari Locken for Silhouette


Thanks for stopping by.
I hope that I've inspired you to check out more of the amazing cut files at the Silhouette Online Store.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Beautiful mini-album. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat Chadwick10:08 PM

    hey Cari!! | love this mini album...I have a Silhouette and don't use it much...I really need to do some of these special projects!

    ReplyDelete