Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Christmas in July

Who would have thought we'd have Christmas in July!! But it's true.

Over at the Imaginisce blog this week we're celebrating Christmas and you can join us as the Design Team share fabulous projects created with the new Christmas Cheer collection.

Here are 2 layouts that I created using this new festive release.

Supplies: Imaginisce (Christmas Cheer collection: papers, die-cuts; Foam tape, Glam Rocks, I-rock tool); Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock, The Twinery (Green twine)

This 1st layout was about our trip to the tree farm to chop down Grandma & Grandpa's tree. My kids had so much fun choosing the 'perfect' tree.


I added some red Glam Rocks to the tree die cut for some added color & texture.



The 2nd layout I created was inspired from the snowflake paper and the snowflakes in my daughter's new Christmas pj's.



Supplies: Imaginisce (Christmas Cheer: patterned papers, die cuts; foam tape, Glam Rocks, i-rcok tool); Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock, white gel pen, black marker, Cricut Expression 2, Graphically Speaking cartridge, Cricut Craft Room

I love the chevron trend that is all the rage right now. It's so fun and I wanted to try my hand at it. So I cut strips of patterned paper, used my square punch and punch along the edges of the strips of paper (on both sides) creating the chevron pattern.



I designed the snowflakes scattered across the page using the Cricut Craft Room and the Graphically Speaking cartridge. Once designed I hooked up my Cricut Expression 2 and cut away. I adhered some patterned paper behind the cut out snowflakes.

I once again used my favorite i-Rock tool to adhere a bunch of red & white Glam Rocks all over the snowflakes for visual interest & texture.

Thanks for stopping by here today!
I'd love it if you'd hop on over to the Imaginisce blog to see more stunning work from the DT!

1 comment:

  1. I love them both, but the cut snowflakes in the second are so stunning with all the white!

    ReplyDelete