Thursday, October 11, 2012

Share a Card

Hi there!

Sadly ... it looks like our beautiful, sunny, warm weather may have come to a close.  The rain is scheduled to be here for the next week or so.  I must admit though we were very spoiled with such gorgeous weather this fall - and I loved every day of it!!

So tell me, ... who has been busy making their Christmas cards already??
Honestly, I haven't even thought about it yet. (just too many other things on my plate right now).

But for those of you that have thought about it and have actually started making them already then I have a great project for you!

Imaginisce is featuring Share-a-Card on their blog this week.  It's an organization that sends out cards to individuals who are seriously ill.  The cards range from birthday, any type of holiday, thinking of you, etc.  Each year they have a Holiday Card Project where they receive thousands of christmas cards that they then send out to people.
This is such an incredible idea and wonderful way to cheer up someone's life.

If you're interested in helping out this year go to their website, Share a card - Holiday Card Project. All the details are listed there.

Here's the card that I created for this project.

I used my Cricut Expression 2 and the Birthday Bash cartridge to create the cardstock base of my card.
I then cut a slightly smaller piece of patterned paper to fit on the front of the card.
I cut out the 'ribbon' strips using my Cricut again and some striped paper.  Before I adhered those striped strips I adhere some wide ribbon.
I finished off by adding some orange Rhinestone studs using my i-Rock tool.

Supplies used: Imaginisce (Christmas Cheer collection: patterned papers, die-cuts, Rhinestone studs, i-rock tool, foam tape); Cardstock, The Twinery (red twine); Cricut Expression 2, Birthday Bash cartridge

Thanks for stopping by my blog today & I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment