Thursday, September 05, 2013

Favourites!

Today's post is about some of my favourite things.

My 1st favourite has to do with scrapbooking ... and that is EMBOSSING.  (I'll get into detail on that in just a minute)

My next favourite is my sweet girl, Kailyn. (and I'll talk a bit more about her at the end ... even though this post is all about her anyways! )

Ok back to my 1st favourite, embossing.
I love embossing cardstock.  I'm not talking about stamping with ink and sprinkling embossing powder all over and then using the heat gun to emboss.
I'm talking about putting cardstock into indented folders, running them through an embossing machine and enjoying the raised beauty that you've created on the cardstock.

I've been working for Core'dinations Cardstock for several years now and my love for them grows stronger every day.  The reason why is that I never get tired of using this cardstock.  That's why I love embossing with it.  Each (and every) time I emboss a piece of cardstock, then sand the design it comes to life!! Seriously. It really does.  (I know you think I'm nuts right now ... but if you have used this cardstock before you know what I'm talking about. And if you're the one laughing at me because you have no clue what I'm talking about ... well then, you'd better get yourself some Core' cardstock to play with because you are seriously missing out!!!)

So ... one of my assignments for Xyron this month was to share a favourite technique of mine. If you hop on over to the Xyron blog today you'll see a few other favourites from some of the other DT members) I've already shared with you what is and now I'd like to share with you a layout that I created ... all about embossing.

I used some Core' TH Shattered cardstock  as the base of my layout. I also used some TH Kraft collection and Vintage cardstock.



I love all the varieties of embossing folders that are on the market and sometimes it's hard to chose which ones to use on a project.


You'll notice that the turquoise cardstock I used a Fiskars punch that actually punched the 'bracket' shape and embossed at the same time! Love that!


Scored lines all around the edges. Sanded them. Then punched out some photo corners from the Core Essentials (same color), sanded those and then adhered them in each corner using my Xyron 1.5" Create-a-Sticker.



For the title letters 'daughter' I cut that out with my Silhouette and then drew some white highlighting markers on the cardstock using a white gel pen. 


Supplies used: Xyron (1.5" Create-a-Sticker, 5" Create-a-Sticker, Mega Runener); Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock (TH Kraft, TH Shattered, Essentials, Vintage); Simple Stories (alpha stickers, camera, arrows, tabs stickers); Silhouette ("daughter' and 'captured' arrows), Cuttlebug embossing folders and Cuttlebug machine.

*********

Now my other favourite as I mentioned above ...  is my daughter.
Today is her 13th birthday!! Wow!!


It really does feel like yesterday when she was a baby. Needing me for everything.  Not the same today, that's for sure.
She is growing up quickly (although not too quickly and I'm thankful for that).  I'm enjoying watching her grow up. This is actually her 2nd day of Gr. 8 and high school so life will have a few major changes this year for her. But she's excited about it and looking forward to it.  Again, .. another blessing.

We're looking forward to celebrating her birthday today!
Happy Birthday sweet girl!

3 comments:

  1. Just adorable! Cari she is a princess with a CAPITAL "P" !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:12 AM

    I wanna see how good she sucks dick

    ReplyDelete